Thursday, March 22, 2018

Shell-Stuffed Baked Pasta with Spicy Pork and Tomato Sauce

A sweet friend gifted me with a packet of conchiglie, a jumbo size shell-shaped pasta, used for filled pasta recipes. I found the perfect filling, a recipe of Gino d'Acampo, Spicy Pork and Tomato Sauce. His recipe uses small shell pasta which are tossed with the cooked sauce before serving. I have however made the sauce and fill the jumbo shell pasta with it, arrange on a baking dish, scatter some mozzarella cheese on the top, and bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese melts.



The filling is very tasty. I have added a can of chopped tomatoes because I wanted more sauce. And used chilli flakes, about 1 tablespoon instead of fresh chopped chillies. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. There's sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped olives, passata, onions and minced pork. Such a tasty and delicious sauce!  We've enjoyed this delicious pasta for dinner and I will make the sauce again, to serve over spaghetti the next time.

The recipe for Spicy Pork and Tomato Sauce can be found from his website here, or from his book, Gino's Pasta.

I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #27 hosted by 




3 comments: